- Have blankets, draperies, and clothing cleaned and ready to be packed or hanged in your wardrobe box.
- When storing lawn mowers or other items with small engines, drain all gasoline and oil – safety!
- Utilize your trash cans to store hoes, rakes, and other oddly shaped items.
- Break down items such as dining tables and large sectional furniture to save space.
- Don’t over-pack boxes – they can rupture and they can tumble or crush if stacked.
- Heat-sensitive goods, such as photographs, wood furniture and video tapes, should be stored in a climate controlled environment.
Safe-Keeping offers a variety of storage sizes – just ask one of our managers for more helpful tips to find the perfect storage size for you!
If you have decided to place a car, truck, or van into storage, it is recommended to take some necessary precautions to make sure it is kept in good shape for when you want to use it again. Clean the Vehicle The ﬁrst and main thing you should do is thoroughly clean...read more
Are you actually able to put that artiﬁcial tree back into its box in factory condition packaging? If you can, then you’re a genius and your intellect is being wasted on repacking artiﬁcial trees. For the rest of us, there are simpler less demoralizing ways to keep...read more
You’ve finally dug out that box of Christmas decorations that have been out of your thoughts for a whole year. Upon opening the box you find your string lights are intertwined and wrapped around your ornaments! To save yourself some grief and keep that holiday cheer,...read more
While many items are suitable for long term storage there are some, which we describe below, that should not be placed into a storage unit.read more
Cleaning and preparing your large appliances for storage can seem like a daunting task. Luckily, we have some easy steps to follow for your most common devices.read more
From the seasoned music professional to the weekend hobbyist, musical gear and instruments can take up a lot of space in your home. If you have decided to place some of these items
into storage, here are some general tips.
Whether you’re waiting to move into a bigger place, or just can’t ﬁnd a spot for that coffee table, you often need to store those big bulky items such as wooden furniture into a storage unit. To make sure your furniture stays in quality condition, here are a few helpful tips.read more
Whether you own your own business, or just have stacks of important and sensitive documents collected over the years, storing these items in a storage unitcan be a wise choice. Here are some helpful tips to do just that.read more
Here’s some advice when storing your personal art collection.read more
Some of the most common yet fragile items placed into storage units are dishes. To help you accomplish this, here are some tips on how to safely store your dishes.read more