- Have blankets, draperies, and clothing cleaned and ready to be packed or hanged in your wardrobe box.
- When storing lawn mowers or other items with small engines, drain all gasoline and oil – safety!
- Utilize your trash cans to store hoes, rakes, and other oddly shaped items.
- Break down items such as dining tables and large sectional furniture to save space.
- Don’t over-pack boxes – they can rupture and they can tumble or crush if stacked.
- Heat-sensitive goods, such as photographs, wood furniture and video tapes, should be stored in a climate controlled environment.
Safe-Keeping offers a variety of storage sizes – just ask one of our managers for more helpful tips to find the perfect storage size for you!
Your family photos are some of the most valuable possessions you could ever have. That is why we recommend storing them in a climate controlled facility such as ours. Here are some tips on how to protect your photos.read more
Safe-Keeping Self Storage has inexpensive storage solutions for all your needs. Here are some tips for storing furniture in a non-climate or climate controlled storage unit.read more
Here are some tips and recommendations to properly store your clothes.read more
Here are some tips on storing your baby items. When storing any items, it’s important to know the materials they are made of, so you can determine whether or not you’ll need climate control. One item in particular that should only be used in short-term storage is a car seat.read more
Climate-controlled storage units will protect wood, leather and fabric items from damage created by things like moisture, humidity, and extreme temperatures. Before choosing a storage unit, be sure to write down measurements of your largest items such as furniture....read more